Saturday, September 8, 2012

Happy birthday to someone special

I have been keeping this special card for many years. It was given to me on my birthday in 1979!





My wonderful dad specially handpicked this card for me, and wrote a few words on it. 

Being an 11 years old girl at that time, I must be very happy to receive this lovely card with 
beautiful picture on the cover, and with words that told me 
how special I am, and how very dear I am to my family :-)

As years go by, this little card has become
more and more precious to me. 
Those few simple words handwritten by my dad 
never fail to warm my heart.



Today is the birthday of my dearest dad. 

I would like to take this opportunity to tell him the same thing I was told on my eleventh birthday 33 years ago.

Dearest Dad,

Because you are someone special 
And someone very dear as well,
Here's wishing you more happiness 
than words can tell.
Have a wonderful birthday.

I love you.


2 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Yuin Ting, please convey my very best regards and wishes to your dad.
Tell him a gentleman from Toronto, Canada wishes him Many happy returns of the day.

Hello Uncle, Happy birthday, with lots more to come, with lots of sunshine, good health and happiness always.
Best regards.
Lee.

YuinTing said...

Hi Lee, thank you very much for your warm wishes.
My dad follows my blog, I'm sure he will see this. However, I'll let him know too :-)

Last night when I skyped him, he told me he was very surprised I still keep this card. When I was a teenager, this card was placed under a glass table top of my study table. I can see he is very happy with it.