Friday, April 16, 2010

Farewell Uncle Bong Su



Today is one of the saddest days of my life, with the passing of a dear Uncle (my dad's close friend).

Words cannot describe the pain suffered by those who lose someone they love and respect...especially when it came unexpected. Uncle Bong Su was a helpful, kind and loving man. He's always willing to drive my parents to KL. Once he jokingly told me he's my dad's "chauffeur". In fact, he's also the "camera man" and the "video editor" who had created so many sweet memories for the people around him.

He would sent me emails updates on their fun activities such as my dad's birthday party celebration with his buddies, trip to Batu Pahat for Khek Lang Mee, some happy gatherings etc.

After I told him about my "igloo", he sent me emails to give me words of encouragement.


"Clara,

We are the same, we get our satisfaction when others enjoy looking at our creations. Your cartoons especially, when people got tickled looking at them, you will feel pleased. Creative people love to create and share. So you are no stranger to me. You are creative and have a big heart.

As for your cartoons, never say that you do not have time to think and draw. Inspiration will come anytime of the day or night. You don't have to think they will come when you bulb lights up. Get a piece of paper and pencil ever ready. Sketch them out when they cross your mind. You can do it.

Thanks for your nice words and thanks a lot for sharing.

Bong Soo"


.....................................................................................

Dear Unce Bong Soo, you've touched the lives of those around you, and I'm surely one of them. May you rest in peace.

As for my beloved dad, I know he'll grieve for the loss of his good friend. I hope he can cope well. Dad, I'm sure Uncle Bong Su wouldn't want us to be sad for him (Dont' forget he was always there to bring happiness to others). Let us just remember those happy times... at least we could grieve in a healthy way.

3 comments:

Daddy Forever said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle. He sounds like a very supportive person. I wish I have someone like that in my life.

Lee said...

Hi Yuin Ting, it is always sad to lose someone close.
I can imagine your uncle was one of a kind.....
he may be gone, but he has left in you indelible memories and learnings.
You keep well, best regards, Lee.

YuinTing said...

Hi Daddy Forever and Uncle Lee,
Thank you for your kind words. He's truly a very wonderful person.