Thursday, April 29, 2010

My cartoon in the 90s

Today, I decided to compile some of the cartoons I did in the 90s. I'd earned some pocket money after those works were published in Sin Chew Jit Poh (I was newly wed and enjoying a honeymoon year in USA at that time).

Durian Season...
Counsellor's Advice
Counsellor's Advice:"Music, book and movie may help to ease your pain after a break up"
However, beware of the type of song, book and movie selected...

Who is more frightening?!

Chinese Ghost Month?!

Buddies...

The Artist
The Artist's Hubby
The artist hubby told his friend:"My wife said there'll be prawn and fish tonight."
His friend said:"Your wife is so good."

Noisy Couples & Nosey Neighbours
I can't really translate my chinese title :"天生(添聲)一對”。
In chinese, 天生一對(Tian sheng yi dui) means "The Perfect Match"
添聲一對 (Tian sheng yi dui) means "The Noisy Couple"

Who's the BOSS?

The boss said: "not approve..."
The boss of the boss said :"NOT approve..."

Pay Day...

In Chinese, 薪金 (xin jin) means "salary"
新金(xin jin) means "new gold"
A lover's salary = a lover's new gold


Astro Vs Homework
"Who has just installed Astro at home?"
"Who has not done the homework yet?"

The Wrong Types of Book...
Reporter:"Malaysians love to read, the books they like are..."
Well, it's important to choose the right type of reading material.

5 comments:

Sunny-Cookie said...

Wonderful cartoons, great sense of humour! :D

citiding said...

Fantastic, what a talent!

Lee said...

Hi Yuin ting, holy smoke! You did all that? OUTSTANDING! And love your humour, not to mention you're a very good cartoonist, and very creative too.
I am very impressed.....
Enjoyed looking at all your humorous drawings....they're all very good.
Have fun and keep well, Lee.

Daddy Forever said...

Cool, you are a cartoonist. I tried selling a comic strip back in the 90's too. A wrote the words, but a friend drew the cartoons. We only got one paid subscriber so we gave up.

YuinTing said...

Thank you, everyone, for your compliments.

I just draw for fun... I was full of time & inspiration in the 90s (before my kids arrived). Time flies, I didn't realize it has been so many years ago!

Being more "matured" now, I may one day try on some political cartoon :-)