Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tough questions from my kids...



My kids asked me a myriad of questions, some caught me off guard. Even so, I'll try to give them honest answers, coupled with reasonable explanations plus some scenarios that make them foresee the consequences.

My daughters' questions:

1) Can I go shopping with my friends?

2) My friend invited me to nail spa. Can I go?

3) Is giving birth painful?

4) sex related...

My son's questions:

1) Can I drop Chinese (subject) because it’s pulling my (aggregate) mark down ?

2) Can I go to an international school so that I can study all the subjects in English?

3) Can I join a shooting club?

4) Can I buy an air soft gun?

5) Can I do a Molotov cocktail experiment?

6) Can I have a real tattoo?

7) Is dad your first boyfriend?

8) Can I date?

9) Why is dad driving a Harrier and not a Ferrari?

10) Can you buy me a car if I get a scholarship next time?


I could handle the above questions. However, recently there’re some tough ones that I truly don’t know the best way to answer.

Why police wants to catch those wearing yellow?

What is BERSIH?

Isn’t it our constitutional right to voice our opinion?

I’m truly impressed with my 14 year-old boy when he mentioned “CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT”. Son, you may consider a law degree… and OK...I'll to buy you a car if you get a scholarship*.

*Must be a FULL scholarship from an Ivy League university. Terms and conditions apply.

4 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

I think in a few years time, we will be the ones who ask our kids questions, they know how to answer better than us then... :)

薰衣草夫人 said...

孩子充满好奇是好事,我也好奇你对Bersih ,黃衣的回答.

Lee said...

Hi Yuin Ting, ha ha, love your conditions, 'Ivy league'...
Ya, Oxford, Cambridge MIT, Yale....
And yes, kids can ask some interesting questions too, sometimes embarrassing ones....

And to think I believed my grandmother I was bought from a Maternity hospital too.
Love grandmothers with humour!
Have fun.
Lee.
ps, buy him those gun magazines or books....let him read about gun safety, the right way to handle guns...
Lee.

YuinTing said...

Hi Claire, kids nowadays are very well informed on many issues. With just a click of button away, they can know what's happening around the world. We have to constantly update ourselves, if not we'll really be the one who ask them for answers.

夫人,我和先生向孩子們解釋選舉委員問題,Bersih所要爭取的項目以及政府所施加的壓力等等。孩子們聽后皺著眉頭說"...why so bad one?" 一直以來首相在他們心中有著挺好的形象,如今。。。唉。。。

Uncle Lee, kids nowadays live a comfortable life...at times it will make them complacent. I want my kids to "Aim for the moon, so even if you miss, you will land among the stars."

My son has some gun magazines....even encyclopedia too. Believe it or not, every time I tell him the gun types you mentioned in your blog, he can elaborate on it! He's disappointed that my hubby surrendered my late father-in-law's gun to the police after his demise a few years ago. Recently he asked us whether can he join the military school. Also, after we refused to let him join the shooting club, he compromised and said wanted to learn sharp shooting. (He's currently learning fencing). It's tough to be a mother of a 14 year old boy who's so fascinated with firearms.