After having the x-ray & mould done, I had a discussion with the dentist on the treatment plans.
The dentist also listed down the risks below:
- Discomfort after the appliance adjust
- Decalcification related to poor oral hygiene
- Pulp degeneration in previously traumatized teeth
- Root resorption especially on anterior maxilla teeth
- Return of the teeth toward initial position
- TMJ problem
- Variation in estimated time
Being a mother, I'm very concerned about the risks, such as the discomfort and ulcers especially during the initial stage, and tooth decay if my kids fail to brush their teeth properly etc. Hence, I had a long discussion with the dentist on that matter. After I'm done, I turned to my son and asked whether he had anything to add on, just in case I've overlooked on something important that he could foresee.
The only question he had for the dentist was ...
" Can I have coloured braces?"