Monday, July 18, 2011
Monday, July 11, 2011
We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. - Mother Teresa
If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. - Mother Teresa
Thursday, July 7, 2011
My kids asked me a myriad of questions, some caught me off guard. Even so, I'll try to give them honest answers, coupled with reasonable explanations plus some scenarios that make them foresee the consequences.
My daughters' questions:
1) Can I go shopping with my friends?
2) My friend invited me to nail spa. Can I go?
3) Is giving birth painful?
4) sex related...
My son's questions:
1) Can I drop Chinese (subject) because it’s pulling my (aggregate) mark down ?
2) Can I go to an international school so that I can study all the subjects in English?
3) Can I join a shooting club?
4) Can I buy an air soft gun?
5) Can I do a Molotov cocktail experiment?
6) Can I have a real tattoo?
7) Is dad your first boyfriend?
8) Can I date?
9) Why is dad driving a Harrier and not a Ferrari?
10) Can you buy me a car if I get a scholarship next time?
I could handle the above questions. However, recently there’re some tough ones that I truly don’t know the best way to answer.
Why police wants to catch those wearing yellow?
What is BERSIH?
Isn’t it our constitutional right to voice our opinion?
I’m truly impressed with my 14 year-old boy when he mentioned “CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT”. Son, you may consider a law degree… and OK...I'll to buy you a car if you get a scholarship*.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Last night hubby brought kids for Transformer show and they seemed to enjoy it very much. Times flies, it's been a few years since the first show came to the cinema.