Saturday, November 28, 2009

Visit to a welfare home

Last Sunday, my family followed some Christian friends to visit a Children & Adult Welfare Home in Kepong. As compared to a shelter home we visited 2 years ago (coincidentally, also with a group of christian friends even though we're buddhist), this welfare home is much smaller. It's run by an indian couple since 1998 - the husband owns a textile factory and acts as the warden of this home, and the wife cooks and drives the kids to school everyday. So far, all funds come from the couple and the public.
Most of the boys attend Tamil school. They're paying full attention when the indian lady was sharing with them in Tamil. I could see they're infected by her zeal. Most of them are not orphans but with single mothers who could not take care of them.
I can see some very bright children there. I hope they can have good education and have faith in their dreams.
Singing time... I'm glad my son took the initiative to help the kids with the lyrics. (My boy has grown up a little)
Time for some refreshments.
Love is colour blind. It will be wonderful if one day my family can join a soup kitchen with all 3 races involved (without political color). Hand in hand, the world can be a better place...

Some adults joined in during the photo session. Many of them had conjunctivitis which we're not aware of prior to our visit.

*** A few days after our visit, my hubby & I plus my youngest daughter had conjunctivitis too. Now I realize how contagious this disease is. Even so, we've no regret to visit them and looking on the bright side, Love is as contagious too!

4 comments:

Lee said...

Hello YuinTing, It is very heartwarming reading your this posting.
And good to see helping hands such as you and your family.
'Hands that help are Holier than lips that pray'.

I too am a Buddhist, but ha ha, hardly take steps into a Temple, except when bring o/seas visitors.
My wife is a Catholic but believes more in Buddhism.
I do have an alter at home.

You have taken very beautiful pictures, they tell a lot.
We enjoy warmth because we have been cold.
We appreciate light because we have been in darkness.
By the same token, we can experience joy because we have known sadness.

You have a pleasant weekend and keep a song in your heart. Best regards, Lee.

天天天蓝 said...

不论是宗教或种族,我相信如果大家都能放弃自己的执著,明天会更好。

citiding said...

YuinTing,
You put your belief into practice,and you set a good example to your children in many ways.
Keep it up!

YuinTing said...

Hi Uncle Lee, thanks for your compliments (some of the photos were taken by my hubby). Kids nowadays are too fortunate. It's good for them to learn to care and share with others.

天天天藍,你說得對。大家放弃自己的执著,世界將更美好!

Mr cityding, I truly hope that my kids will grow up to be responsible & loving adults one day.